The Original Garage
The original garage is now converted into
a comfortable office and reception
About Quarmby Garage
Quarmby Garage was started in 1947 by James Robinson who began working out of the household double garage on the existing Quarmby Garage site. James used his engineering skills by making the necessary parts to restore cars from the war back to a road worthy state. In 1954 the business had grown such that a purpose built workshop was built to continue the steady growth, with the servicing of cars being the main drive behind Quarmby Garage. The expansion continued through the years until late on in the 1970s another new building was required, which was fitted with the latest MOT testing equipment to be in line with the new legislation brought in at the time.
The Customer Waiting Area
Inside the offices
Around this time James Robinson's son, Philip, joined Quarmby Garage in the position of Body Shop Manager, working out of the first built garage workshop, which was converted to provide all the facilities required for automobile body restoration. In 1987 James Robinson retired and the responsibility for running Quarmby Garage was passed on to Philip who took the decision to convert the original double garage into an administration office and reception area, which it remains to this day.
Rescue and Recovery
Rescue and Recovery vehicles at
In the 1990s Quarmby Garage continued to grow and the Rescue and Recovery services were increased by taking on more motor club work. Quarmby Garage established a good reputation for fine service as well as receiving work from prestigious automobile manufacturers such as Ferrari, Maserati and Aston Martin, thanks to highly trained and qualified staff in specialist vehicle recovery.